Wednesday, April 23, 2008

IT would never get better.


No. I am not referring to Information Technology. Its the Income Tax department in India. I think there needs to be a different kind of Income tax raid. This one should be people getting into Income tax department and conducting a raid to see how many of the returns they haven't refunded to the people. I still haven't got my 2004-05 tax refund. who knows, how many pending cases are there in this department. It took me just one hour to complete my tax returns here in US and the debit or credit of the tax refunds are done automatically. I got to tell you, I don't think such departments in India are going to get any better even if we are talking about India being in the list of developed country in 2050, which in my view is hypothetical and would require a major overhaul of the entire system in India including us.

2 comments:

Arasan said...

I havent got my 04-2005 Tax refund. Dont know when they will be sending too....

it will take loooooooong time to catch up on efficiency...

Baranidharan said...

Efficiency is should be planned ahead. I don't think any of Indian department are thinking ahead for future problems. All are in a reactive pace, we will not able to do anything with this attitude and approach.