Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Adiós



Woodlands Drive In, Cathedral Road, Chennai. Its a famous landmark in chennai. Those from chennai would know that. After my college, when I moved to chennai for work, me and my friends used to go to this drive in hotel. It used to be hangout place some time. though i was not so crazy about the food there, we liked to go out there.

I still remember singer P.B.Srinivas, sitting in the next table writing something. We never talked to him. most of them working there were old, maybe they were working there for a very long time. This should be hard on them. Once I told my friend "I'm surprised how none of the politicians haven't had an eye on this".

Recently I was reading Hindu and was surprised to see that government has taken over the place and have shut down the hotel. that's bad. these politicians, they jus' can't stop! can they?

3 comments:

senthil said...

I didnot know the details of it. But ulla poi paatha than theriyuthu that for this small hotel, it has kept around 60 acres of land useless. Appuram eppadida .. It's all prime land .. so only TN govnment did this.

Baranidharan said...

Hotel was more famous for the environment then for the food. I have been once, I think it is with you and seeni. I liked the place and felt bad when read your blog, knowing that it is not there

SIMPSON FERNANDO said...

Hotel food wasn't great, it was the environment like you said. I don't think that the government's motive is to do something good for the chennai people. Hope you didn't fell for it. you how these politicians are, don't you. I read that govt. is going to construct "world class botanical garden"?