Sunday, April 6, 2008

Do Something!

Having following up with the latest Hogenakkal issue, I was thinking what the hell these politicians do. those sitting at the central seems to be completely useless. Then we have the best position in India. Termed as first citizen, I don't think they do atleast what the last citizen do for a living. President of India. by the way I know the current president is a female and her name ends with patil, I forgot her first name... I started off with smitha patil, but then realized she was an actress. then I had to google it to see that her first name is Pratheeba... who is she by the way?... I know the post is dummy, but atleast don't show that way.

When I googled, I found out that the vice president is Mohammad Hamid Ansari!!!

I don't know what any of our early presidents have done something that is remarkable. Abdul Kalam is considered as one of the best presidents we had. If maintaining the mogul garden in rashtrapathi bhavan is what is achievement is as president, then we might as well be called as first citizen. most of us maintain our houses lot well than that.

The lowest level employee in a company is asked to do special projects in addition to their work. some are even asked to find new business, participate in cross functional teams. If this is the case for a young graduate, with so much experience behind them and sitting in the highest position in the country, shouldn't they be doing something.

There are so many common issues in the country, from interlinking rivers, infrastructure development, education, global warming,.. you could go on and on... how difficult it is for a person at such a high post to start initiating one of these projects and organize and push things... if you can't do this, then I don't understand what else would they be able to do...Atleast develop and promote sports other than cricket. How difficult would that be.

Please don't talk about dreaming big, if you can't at the highest office bring few things to reality.

2 comments:

senthil said...

You are right on target. But you might also be classified as an idealist. Criminalization of politics is at an advanced level now in India. We cannot talk about our politicians in the same tone as professionals in other fields.

SIMPSON FERNANDO said...

I am not Idealist. All I am saying is they could do something to this nation other than signing papers and presiding over the parliament.