Saturday, March 22, 2008

STAND UP TO APPRECIATE THINGS!


Humour is something that no one can deny liking it. let it be jokes in a magazine, movies or even cartoons for some. I'm still a fan of tom and jerry. for more than two years i have been watching standup comedy shows. thanks to comedy central and youtube. to stand in front of thousands of people and talk about things with no script and to make people laugh is amazing.
Some of those stand up comedians are really great. I like those blue collar tv guys. recently i rented from netflix, a standup by Steve Harvey called "Don't trip, He Ain't through with me yet". This guy was so amazing, I have become a huge fan of him. Its hilarious if you really understand!
I relate to those tamil live comedy dramas i used to watch. crazy mohan, YGM, S.V.Sekar., I liked watching those live dramas. but somehow most of them who came to those dramas are of the same community and only a very few people from other community come to watch those shows. Its not easy to do live performances. I hate when people choose to watch stupid serials for hours but don't go to watch those shows. thats real talent out there and those people need to be appreciated and motivated.

9 comments:

senthil said...

simps . I completely agree with u.
I saw one serial of steve harvey. Also try Rusell Peters. There are some videos of him in Youtube. He is an Indian stand-up comedian.

senthil said...

Also please block the spammers. I thought it was some genuine friend and clicked on it

Anonymous said...

I'm a big comedy fan, it just refreshes u 4 all ur busy schedule. I'm not a big fan of Steve Harvey though. I enjoy watching Jerry Sienfeld. I enjoy all the characters.
Tom n jerry is my all time favorite.
Even though I'm not watching TV all the time, I have friends who have a gr8 humor!!!

SIMPSON FERNANDO said...

I haven't watched Rusell. those blue collar guys are good. Jerry Seinfeld is good, but i have not seen him do a standup. i have heard he is good. may be i can find it in youtube. i have watched couple of dave chappells, but those are not as hilarious as steve. check the king of comedy series (steve, cedric and others). its pretty good though.

Seenivasan said...

Vijay TV has pioneered stand up comedy in tamil. I wouldnt say it was excellent but it was watchable and good. Show name is King,Queen,Jack. Try if this is available in YouTube & see if you like it.

SIMPSON FERNANDO said...

I did see a couple of king,queen,jack show sometime back. not so bad...

Unknown said...

true...i am a big fan of "the great indian laughter challenge"..those guys..raju srivastav, naveen prabhakar, sunil paul are by far most talented than many comedians in our indian cinema...take a look at them on youtube.

Hannibal said...

Simpson,
Your blog looks like a pudu pondai, lot of interesting topics,pics tell me how U get picture for each post.Continue the same

SIMPSON FERNANDO said...

thanks hannibal. for pics, my only source is google. keep reading and do post your comments.